[cmake-developers] Welcome to June, time for the next release candidate

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 04:11:40 EDT 2012

2012/6/5 Kornel Benko <kornel at lyx.org>:
> Am Montag, 4. Juni 2012 um 17:13:26, schrieb David Cole
> <david.cole at kitware.com>
>
>> We are preparing to build CMake 2.8.9, release candidate one, in the next
>
>> few days (or possibly as late as next week).
>

>> Is there any pending/outstanding work that anybody thinks is critical for
>
>> inclusion in CMake 2.8.9?
>

>> (I don't want to trigger a flurry of activity by sending this out... but I
>
>> suppose it's better to have it before we decide to cut rc1 than after. ;-)
>

>> Thanks,
>
>> David
>

> There is still the problem that created debian packages are not working with
>
> dpkg.
>

> System: ubuntu 12.04, 64 bit.
>
> Cmake: created with "-DCMAKE_USE_SYSTEM_LIBARCHIVE:BOOL=ON"
>

> The following list of commands:
>

> #> make package # create xyzz.deb
>
> #> ar rv xyzz.deb data.tar.gz
>
> #> tar ztvf data.tgz> /dev/null
>
>                 tar: Ignoring unknown extended header keyword
> `SCHILY.fflags'
>
>                 tar: Ignoring unknown extended header keyword
> `SCHILY.fflags'
>
>                 tar: Ignoring unknown extended header keyword
> `SCHILY.fflags'
>
>                 tar: Ignoring unknown extended header keyword
> `SCHILY.fflags'
>

> I already proposed a patch in the users list (using
> "archive_write_set_format_gnutar()"

Discussion is in this thread:
http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2012-May/050483.html

> instead of "archive_write_set_format_pax_restricted()" in file
> "Source/cmArchiveWrite.cxx")
>
> which make things work OK on this system.

Hi Kornel,
Like I said in the previous thread, we simply cannot switch to gnutar, it will
potentially break many other systems.

Moreover when you compiled the very same CMake using the shipped-in cmlibarchive
you didn't get the error.
So the issue is an interaction between system provided libarchive and CMake,
did try to contact Ubuntu packager about that?

--
Erk
http://www.le-message.org