[cmake-developers] [CMake] ADD_DEPENDENCIES() and NonExisitngDependent is NOT an error?

Claus Klein claus.klein at arcormail.de
Fri Jul 27 14:02:57 EDT 2012

Third try ...

I have a Problem to really break the generation if the target does not
exist:

claus-kleins-macbook-pro:build clausklein$ /Users/clausklein/Downloads/
CmakeBuildDir/bin/cmake -G Ninja ..
-- Configuring done
CMake Error:
Policy CMP0019 is not set: add_dependencies() Dependent targets must
all exist.  Run "cmake --help-policy CMP0019" for policy details.  Use
the cmake_policy command to set the policy and suppress this warning.
ftpcpp: Adding dependency to non-existent target:
target_that_does_not_exist_now_but_will_be_added_later

-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /Users/clausklein/Workspace/cpp/
ftplibpp-2.0.2/build
claus-kleins-macbook-pro:build clausklein$

Can anyone please help?

Thanks in advance
Best Regards
Claus