[cmake-developers] CMake, Xcode 4.4, and Mountain Lion

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Jul 27 08:35:58 EDT 2012

On 07/26/2012 01:10 PM, Ho Cheung wrote:
> Xcode generator and Configure my project, I noticed that CMAKE_C_COMPILER
> is pointing to /usr/bin/gcc.

AFAIK the Xcode generator has always left CMAKE_*_COMPILER set
to values that it doesn't really use for generation.  It should
probably be taught to detect the path to the internal compiler
Xcode uses and set the CMAKE_*_COMPILER variables accordingly
(or at least to just the compiler basename like "gcc" or "clang").
So far no one has cared enough about this to propose a specific
solution.