[cmake-developers] CMake, Xcode 4.4, and Mountain Lion

Ho Cheung hocheung20 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 13:10:02 EDT 2012

Hi developers,

As some of you have heard, Apple released Mountain Lion yesterday alongside a new release of Xcode (4.4).

Back in XCode 4.2, Apple decided to make the clang/LLVM compiler the default in XCode

Whenever I run the Xcode generator and Configure my project, I noticed that CMAKE_C_COMPILER is pointing to /usr/bin/gcc. However, when I open the project up in Xcode, I noticed that the compiler is still set to Default (LLVM 3.0) and all the messages indicate that clang is being run.

I'm not sure this behavior is new to Xcode 4.4 or Mountain Lion or regresses back to Lion/Xcode 4.3 as I haven't used Xcode for development of my project since Snow Leopard/Xcode 3.x.

Could anyone advise?

Thanks,

Ho Cheung