[cmake-developers] [CMake 0013379]: Toolchain prefix not set correctly for Fortran projects

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Fri Jul 6 05:14:33 EDT 2012

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
Reported By:                Yngve Inntjore Levinsen
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   13379
Category:                   CMakeSetup
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   minor
Date Submitted:             2012-07-06 05:14 EDT
I have a project involving Fortran, C, and C++. I was writing a toolchain file
for MinGW so I could compile Windows binaries on my Linux box. I had the
following on the top of my CMakeLists.txt:

project(name Fortran C CXX)

In my toolchain file I sat the C, CXX and Fortran compiler, and root path. What
I then noticed was that instead of using the AR/RANLIB with the MinGW prefix, it
was using the default /usr/bin/[ar/ranlib].

This was solved simply by changing the order in the project line as described
above, to instead read:

project(name C CXX Fortran)

(not having Fortran first). See also mail exchange:
http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2012-July/051136.html
and attached two toolchain files in:
http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2012-July/051152.html

Please ask if something is unclear. I should also add that I do not know the
origin of the problem, so for what I know it does not need to be fortran
related.

Steps to Reproduce:
Create a project with Fortran as the first enabled language
Create a toolchain file which should enable a prefix for additional tools

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change