[cmake-developers] Nightly Binary not building on windows

Rolf Eike Beer eike at sf-mail.de
Tue Feb 28 15:48:39 EST 2012

Am Dienstag, 28. Februar 2012, 14:20:27 schrieb Brad King:
> On 2/28/2012 2:09 PM, Bill Hoffman wrote:
> > On 2/28/2012 1:57 PM, Brad King wrote:
> >> On 2/28/2012 1:53 PM, Bill Hoffman wrote:
> >> That isn't the line causing the error. It's the AllFindModules test
> >> that wants to know that the returned version information is as expected.
> >> This is a real test failure because the FindSubversion module is not
> >> properly detecting the version number of svn. The Find module needs
> >> to be fixed for this case.

At this point one could say that Subversion_FOUND should not be set if svn
can't do anything useful. But that would be totally unexpected. The question
is why svn is broken on this machine.

> This is not the FindModulesExecuteAll test.  It is a new test.
> I see no such code in the test:
>
> http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=blob;f=Tests/CMakeOnly/AllFindModules
> /CMakeLists.txt;hb=cffce2ff
>
> but I do see its equivalent:
>
>    message(STATUS "   Checking Find${MODULE_NAME}")
>    find_package(${MODULE_NAME})
>
> > That should not error out if it finds a bad version of software that gives
> > a bogus version string.
> That is not the code that is erroring out.  It returns as expected.
>
>  > I thought you could include any module and not get a cmake error at
>  > configure time unless you set required.
> The CMakeLists.txt of the AllFindModules test is the code that
> reports the error.  The error is not coming from a module at all.
>
> The Linux nightly fails the same way:
>
> CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:55 (message):
>    ImageMagick_FOUND is set but no version number is defined
> Call Stack (most recent call first):
>    CMakeLists.txt:65 (check_version_string)

> CMake Error at Test.cmake:12 (message):
>    CMake failed to configure AllFindModules
>
> Note that the call stack mentions nothing of any Find module.

The whole idea of this test is that I can immediately see if anything breaks
the version detection code. If there is a valid point in this machine being
breaking then I will just remove subversion from the detection. Like I removed
GNUplot once we found out that there are versions out there that simply don't
print out their version number.

Can anyone please run "mogrify -version" on magrathea? This would save me one
turnaround in adding debug code to the find module and back. There was a bug
papering over this which has been fixed and now made this public.

Eike