[cmake-developers] Nightly Binary not building on windows

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Feb 28 14:20:27 EST 2012

On 2/28/2012 2:09 PM, Bill Hoffman wrote:
> On 2/28/2012 1:57 PM, Brad King wrote:
>> On 2/28/2012 1:53 PM, Bill Hoffman wrote:
>> That isn't the line causing the error. It's the AllFindModules test
>> that wants to know that the returned version information is as expected.
>> This is a real test failure because the FindSubversion module is not
>> properly detecting the version number of svn. The Find module needs
>> to be fixed for this case.
>>
> I disagree... :)
>
> The test does this:
> message(STATUS "module: ${module}")
> include("${module}")

This is not the FindModulesExecuteAll test.  It is a new test.
I see no such code in the test:

   http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=blob;f=Tests/CMakeOnly/AllFindModules/CMakeLists.txt;hb=cffce2ff

but I do see its equivalent:

   message(STATUS "   Checking Find${MODULE_NAME}")
   find_package(${MODULE_NAME})

> That should not error out if it finds a bad version of software that gives a bogus version string.

That is not the code that is erroring out.  It returns as expected.

 > I thought you could include any module and not get a cmake error at configure time unless you set required.

The CMakeLists.txt of the AllFindModules test is the code that
reports the error.  The error is not coming from a module at all.

The Linux nightly fails the same way:

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:55 (message):
   ImageMagick_FOUND is set but no version number is defined
Call Stack (most recent call first):
   CMakeLists.txt:65 (check_version_string)

CMake Error at Test.cmake:12 (message):
   CMake failed to configure AllFindModules

Note that the call stack mentions nothing of any Find module.