[cmake-developers] kwsys requests

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 06:57:47 EST 2012

Brad King wrote:

> On 12/21/2012 09:20 AM, Stephen Kelly wrote:
>>  * Make it compile cleanly with -Wundef

When I use -Wundef I get this:

                 from
/home/stephen/dev/src/cmake/Source/cmStandardIncludes.cxx:12:
/home/stephen/dev/build/qt48/cmake/Source/cmsys/IOStream.hxx:34:5: warning:
"TRUE" is not defined [-Wundef]

That line is generated from IOStream.hxx.in:

/* Size of type long long and 0 if not available.  */
#define @KWSYS_NAMESPACE at _IOS_SIZEOF_LONG_LONG @KWSYS_SIZEOF_LONG_LONG@

KWSYS_SIZEOF_LONG_LONG is set to true in the CMakeLists.txt:

  FOREACH(type CHAR SHORT INT LONG LONG_LONG __INT64)
    IF(KWSYS_C_HAS_MACRO___SIZEOF_${type}__)
      # Use __SIZEOF_${type}__ macro.
      SET(KWSYS_SIZEOF_${type} TRUE)

although the intention is probably that IOStream.hxx.in uses

# define KWSYS_SIZEOF_LONG_LONG @KWSYS_NAMESPACE at _SIZEOF_LONG_LONG

from FundamentalTypes.h.in somehow.

So, this is a more-fundamental bug in kwsys that I don't know how to
resolve.

Is this email enough of a report about that, or do you want a tracker entry?

>>  * Add a MakeCidentifier method to SystemTools
>
> KWSys contribution instructions are here:
>
>  http://public.kitware.com/Wiki/KWSys/Git

ETOOMANYUPSTREAMS :)

> Eike has been quite active there recently :)

Eike, could you do me a favor and commit the fix? The typo is annoying, but
it's not enough to motivate me to figure out what I need to know about
contributing to kwsys.

Thanks,

Steve