[cmake-developers] Policy for INTERFACE_LINK_LIBRARIES

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 08:48:05 EST 2012

http://community.kde.org/Frameworks/Epics/CMake_target_usage_requirements

>> or we could create a new page otherwise. It is version controlled etc.
>
> Okay.  Please add discussion there about the changes intended to be made
> in the add-INTERFACE_LINK_LIBRARIES topic.  We need to cover code examples
> for existing behavior for all target and export/import types and how they
> will be handled by the topic.  It also needs discussion of all tll modes,
> LINK_INTERFACE_LIBRARIES, LINK_LIBRARIES, INTERFACE_LINK_LIBRARIES, etc.

I think the 'Setting include directories via target_link_libraries() ?'
thread needs to be concluded first (with reasoning), as that affects
everything else.

There is no point in me designing for the different tll modes if you're not
going to allow the feature without the new command.