[cmake-developers] Policy for INTERFACE_LINK_LIBRARIES

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Dec 7 10:11:05 EST 2012

On 12/06/2012 05:04 PM, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> I'd prefer the wiki. I think it would make sense to use/update/add a design
> section to:
>
>  http://community.kde.org/Frameworks/Epics/CMake_target_usage_requirements
>
> or we could create a new page otherwise. It is version controlled etc.

Okay.  Please add discussion there about the changes intended to be made
in the add-INTERFACE_LINK_LIBRARIES topic.  We need to cover code examples
for existing behavior for all target and export/import types and how they
will be handled by the topic.  It also needs discussion of all tll modes,
LINK_INTERFACE_LIBRARIES, LINK_LIBRARIES, INTERFACE_LINK_LIBRARIES, etc.

Look at the ExportImport test to see most cases currently handled.