[cmake-developers] [CMake 0013489]: Can't detect QT4 on OS considered as unsupported by QT

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Fri Aug 24 11:34:21 EDT 2012

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
Reported By:                Petr Baloun
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   13489
Category:                   Modules
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   minor
Date Submitted:             2012-08-24 11:34 EDT
Use QT4 on OS version that is not supproted by QT4 - I tried QT 4.7.2 on Windows
8. CMake is not able to detect anything about the QT4.

Steps to Reproduce:
Use following code:

include(FindQt4)

Additional Information:
FindQt4 calls "qmake -query ..." to detect some information about QT4, the
information is expected on qmake's stdout. On unsupported OS, qmake also dumps
some warnings to stderr (in my case it's "QT: Untested Windows version 6.2
detected!").

The problem is that FindQt4 mixes both outputs in a single output variable so
the stdout information is mixed with the warning which leads to situation that
no information is read and no QT4 detected.

The patch attached simply cancels the redirection of qmake's stderr into output
variable which has following results:
- QT4 is properly detected
- the warning is seen in the output by the user

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change