[cmake-developers] Patch to support SVN externals in CTest update

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Aug 24 11:09:18 EDT 2012

On 08/24/2012 08:50 AM, Xavier Besseron wrote:
> I have split my changes in a series of small patches. Please find them
> in attachment.
> I have made sure that everything is compiling correctly and that the
> CTest.UpdateSVN test runs successfully between each of them.

Very nice, the series looks good.  Please rewrite the commits to
wrap all C++ code to 79 columns or less.  This should be blank:

 git log origin/master.. --pickaxe-regex -S'.{80}'

Also do not add a trailing blank line in the first commit to
cmCTestSVN.cxx.

> Some comments about the testing:
> - Most of the code path added by these patches is executed by the
> current test. Indeed with this design, the root svn repository and the
> svn external repositories just use the same SVNInfo structure and the
> same function calls.
> - The issue (ie incorrect author and revision number for each modified
> file) is currently not tested for any of the version control system.
> Probably this should be added, but this requires some work.
> - The current organization of the ctest_update() testing uses some
> common scripts between the different version control system. I don't
> know yet if it is possible to add tests with svn externals in this
> organization without breaking the test for the other VC.
>
> If I am not too busy, I will try to follow up on the testing part in
> the coming weeks.

The Git update test has a submodule, so you can look at how that
works without disrupting the common test code.