[cmake-developers] ninja status

Óscar Fuentes ofv at wanadoo.es
Sun Apr 8 08:12:55 EDT 2012

Peter Kümmel <syntheticpp at gmx.net> writes:

> I know ninja should not be enabled on other platforms than Linux, and it wasn't,
> even with my patch. This was not a try the enable ninja through the backdoor!
>
> I've fixed it and changed the message so it could not happen again:
> http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=stage/cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=2a081a2b3a3064530fe173a2930828e2232e844b

There is a typo on the patch:

 SET(CMAKE_ENABLE_NINJA ${_CMAKE_DEFAULT_NINJA_VALUE} CACHE BOOL
-    "Enable the ninja generator for CMake. On Windows and OSX broken" FORCE)
+    "Enable the ninja generator for CMake. On Windows and OSX broken")

[...]

 ELSE()
-  MESSAGE(STATUS "Ninja generator disabled, enforce with -DENABLE_NINJA=ON")
+  MESSAGE(STATUS "Ninja generator disabled, enforce with -DCMAKE_USE_NINJA=ON")

You mention CMAKE_USE_NINJA on the last message, when it should be
CMAKE_ENABLE_NINJA.