[cmake-developers] Merging cmake-link-interface-libraries into master?

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 06:09:20 EDT 2011

Brad King wrote:

> [snip]
>> Not a major rush anyway. I'm still trying to get used to the cmake
>> development and release model.
>
> The work on the target_link_libraries test is much more comprehensive than
> just this one CMAKE_LINK_INTERFACE_LIBRARIES feature, and as you
> discovered
> much harder to complete.  I published two branches here:
>
>    https://github.com/bradking/CMake/branches
>
> The "cmake-link-interface-libraries" branch is a rewritten version of your
> branch that takes just the part for the new feature.  The second
> "test-target_link_libraries" branch is a rewritten version of the rest
> of your branch that adds the test, and is based on the first branch.  The
> end of the second branch has an identical Git tree object as the current
> stage/cmake-link-interface-libraries branch (at d951f012).
>
> I'd like to replace your branch on the stage with these two so we can
> merge the feature and leave the comprehensive test as a work in progress
> for now.  Is that okay with you?

Yes, that's ok with me. I guess I can continue to create separate branches
for tests and features in the future too.

I've just merged the target-link-libraries-interfaces branch into next, so I
can maybe add tests for that feature whenever the test-target_link_libraries
is more ready.

What work needs to be done for test-target_link_libraries to leave the wip
state?

What does CMake think  about rebasing? I much prefer to squash a branch like
test-target_link_libraries into fewer commits so that eg adding newlines and
changing tests to examine dashboard changes are not separate commits. I
don't think those commits add value, but only noise.

Can I squash them in the stage clone if you push those branches there? Do I
have karma to push -f to stage?