[cmake-developers] memory leaks in cpack

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 17:07:05 EDT 2011

2011/3/18 Eric Noulard <eric.noulard at gmail.com>:
> 2011/3/18 Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman at kitware.com>:
>> On 3/18/2011 3:52 PM, Eric Noulard wrote:
>>>
>>> Yes but this could be a real symptom a memory corruption.
>>> What is the simplest way for me to run the same valgrind test locally?
>>>
>>> Which ctest one line command, may use for that?
>>>

>> That said...
>>
>> The problem seems to be here:
>>
>>    dbfilename += this->GetOption("WDIR");
>>
>> My guess is WDIR is returning null from GetOption in this test which causes
>> the crash.
>
> Yes you are right about the symptom.
> The fact is we should never get to this point, because the reading of
> CPackDeb.cmake have failed.
>
> -- stderr='CMake Error at
> /home/eric/workspace/CMake-gitted/Modules/CPackDeb.cmake:274
> (MESSAGE):
>  CPackDeb: Debian package requires a maintainer for a package, set
>  CPACK_PACKAGE_CONTACT or CPACK_DEBIAN_PACKAGE_MAINTAINER

Is it the expected behavior to have
bool cmCPackGenerator::ReadListFile(const char* moduleName)

return true when the processed list file exited because of a:

MESSAGE(FATAL_ERROR "Whatever")

how can I know whether if the processing of a list file encountered a

message(ERROR
message(FATAL_ERROR
or
return

?

I can add some VAR "RUN_OK" to the concerned list file (CPackDeb.cmake)
in order to know if it was processed "without error" but I find it awkward.

--
Erk
http://www.april.org