[cmake-developers] memory leaks in cpack

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 16:52:24 EDT 2011

2011/3/18 Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman at kitware.com>:
> On 3/18/2011 3:52 PM, Eric Noulard wrote:
>>
>> Yes but this could be a real symptom a memory corruption.
>> What is the simplest way for me to run the same valgrind test locally?
>>
>> Which ctest one line command, may use for that?
>>

> That said...
>
> The problem seems to be here:
>
>    dbfilename += this->GetOption("WDIR");
>
> My guess is WDIR is returning null from GetOption in this test which causes
> the crash.

Yes you are right about the symptom.
The fact is we should never get to this point, because the reading of
CPackDeb.cmake have failed.

-- stderr='CMake Error at
/home/eric/workspace/CMake-gitted/Modules/CPackDeb.cmake:274
(MESSAGE):
  CPackDeb: Debian package requires a maintainer for a package, set
  CPACK_PACKAGE_CONTACT or CPACK_DEBIAN_PACKAGE_MAINTAINER

The "CPackTestAllGenerators" was probably failing to run CPackDeb
since the beginning
(of the existence of CPackDeb) but without crash :-]

I'll fix it, not sure I have time to do it tonight but tomorrow for sure.

--
Erk
http://www.april.org