[cmake-developers] VS2010 fortran composer

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Mon Mar 7 12:31:20 EST 2011

On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 10:35 AM, Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman at kitware.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 10:29 AM, Biddiscombe, John A. <biddisco at cscs.ch>
> wrote:
> >>Or, maybe only use it for fortran, but that would be hard...
> >
> > Ah. That was going to be my next question. I wanted to know how to get
> the cmTarget object inside the GenerateBuildCommand function, because I need
> to tell it to use vfproj instead of vcxproj (since I'm using different
> extensions). If I know it's a fortran test, then I should be able to change
> the command line and the extension
> >

> Should be able to do that all in
> cmVisualStudio10TargetGenerator::Generate.  It is only one target at
> that time, and you should be able to check to make sure it is a
> fortran target.  But, this is not the same place that the build
> command is created...  However, that said we might be able to do
> something that looks at the file extension and does the switch.
> However, maybe it will all just work with devenv.com as the build
> tool.
> > JB

After this change was pushed:
http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=2ca116189f26e758a47d4737afe21853d0676235

(which is in CMake 2.8.4)... it should be possible to simply set
CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM to the full path to devenv and use that to build rather
than MSBuild.

  -DCMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM:FILEPATH=C:/full/path/to/devenv.com

HTH,
David