[cmake-developers] VS2010 fortran composer

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Mon Mar 7 10:35:10 EST 2011

On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 10:29 AM, Biddiscombe, John A. <biddisco at cscs.ch> wrote:
>>Or, maybe only use it for fortran, but that would be hard...
>
> Ah. That was going to be my next question. I wanted to know how to get the cmTarget object inside the GenerateBuildCommand function, because I need to tell it to use vfproj instead of vcxproj (since I'm using different extensions). If I know it's a fortran test, then I should be able to change the command line and the extension

Should be able to do that all in
cmVisualStudio10TargetGenerator::Generate.  It is only one target at
that time, and you should be able to check to make sure it is a
fortran target.  But, this is not the same place that the build
command is created...  However, that said we might be able to do
something that looks at the file extension and does the switch.
However, maybe it will all just work with devenv.com as the build
tool.