[cmake-developers] CMake dashboard breakage [again]

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 03:07:54 EST 2011

Hi All,

I know why I don't like adding more tests...each time I add one I get
some breakage...

My last checkin to next yesterday night obviously generate test
failures like this one:
http://www.cdash.org/CDash/testDetails.php?test=81680648&build=841544

I'll try to fix it later tonight because I'm not sitting in front of
my dev host but I did a fresh update on another machine
and I get (after build cmake as usual):

ctest -R CPackComponentsForAll-ZIP-*
Test project /DATA/ERIC/CMake/CMake-gitted/build
Guessing configuration NoConfig
    Start 81: CPackComponentsForAll-ZIP-default
1/5 Test #81: CPackComponentsForAll-ZIP-default ...........   Passed    1.11 sec
    Start 82: CPackComponentsForAll-ZIP-OnePackPerGroup
2/5 Test #82: CPackComponentsForAll-ZIP-OnePackPerGroup ...   Passed    0.95 sec
    Start 83: CPackComponentsForAll-ZIP-IgnoreGroup
3/5 Test #83: CPackComponentsForAll-ZIP-IgnoreGroup .......   Passed    1.02 sec
    Start 84: CPackComponentsForAll-ZIP-AllInOne
4/5 Test #84: CPackComponentsForAll-ZIP-AllInOne ..........   Passed    0.97 sec
    Start 85: CPackComponentsForAll-ZIP-AllGroupsInOne
5/5 Test #85: CPackComponentsForAll-ZIP-AllGroupsInOne ....   Passed    0.94 sec

100% tests passed, 0 tests failed out of 5

with a clean set of generated build dirs:

$ tree -L 1 -d Tests/CPackComponentsForAll
Tests/CPackComponentsForAll
├── buildZIP-AllGroupsInOne
├── buildZIP-AllInOne
├── buildZIP-default
├── buildZIP-IgnoreGroup
└── buildZIP-OnePackPerGroup

5 directories

Why would my usage of list in

CMake/Tests/CMakeLists.txt:568--

    # set up list of CPack generators
    list(APPEND GENLST "ZIP")
    # set up list of component packaging ways
    list(APPEND CWAYLST "default")
    list(APPEND CWAYLST "OnePackPerGroup")
    list(APPEND CWAYLST "IgnoreGroup")
    list(APPEND CWAYLST "AllInOne")
    list(APPEND CWAYLST "AllGroupsInOne")
    foreach(CPackGen IN LISTS GENLST)

seems to be broken?

Would it be possible that the cmake version being build/tested is
build with some cmake version not supporting "list" command
I thought it was there even since 2.6.4 ?

If not what could be the cause of this problem?

--
Erk
http://www.april.org