[cmake-developers] stage push?

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Sat Jan 29 06:29:06 EST 2011

On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 4:20 AM, Eric Noulard <eric.noulard at gmail.com>wrote:

> 2011/1/29 James Bigler <jamesbigler at gmail.com>:
> >
> > On Jan 28, 2011, at 5:21 PM, Eric Noulard <eric.noulard at gmail.com>
> wrote:

> >> [...]
> >>
> >> Looks like a access right issue.
> >> Did you push something to stage or next outside "Modules" directory  up
> >> now?
> >>

> > I have permission to push to next/Modules, because I'm a module
> maintainer.
> > I was trying to push to stage, because this change is in Source.
>
> Then the ball in the Kitware camp,
> I'm sure they'll contact you directly about that.
>
> --
> Erk
> Membre de l'April - « promouvoir et défendre le logiciel libre » -
> http://www.april.org

Yeah... this is just a permissions issue because you're trying to push files
outside of the "Modules" directory.

Send me a patch directly as an email attachment, and I'll push it to the
stage for you. If you use "git format-patch" you'll still be the author of
the change, I'll just be the committer.

If it's just one commit, do:
git format-patch -1

And then send the resulting "0001-Commit-message-here.patch" file.

If it's more than one commit, just adjust the -1 to however many commits you
want to make patches for.

Thanks,
David