[cmake-developers] A few more changes to automoc before 2.8.7

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Fri Dec 16 11:17:14 EST 2011

On Thursday 15 December 2011, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> >> And, again a question regarding wording, currently the warnings
> >> generated by automoc say "Better <do this and that> for a more robust
> >> build." I'd like to have a better way to express it.
> >> "Use <this and that> for STRICT mode compatibility." ?
> >> or "for qmake compatibility" ?
> >> Better ideas ?
> >
> > I pushed it as branch AutomocFineTuning to stage.
> > The variable is now CMAKE_AUTOMOC_RELAXED_MODE .
> >
> > If that's fine with everybody, I'll merge it into next in the next days.
> > This should still go into 2.8.7.
>
> I applied the attached patch and kdelibs build fails using the
> AutomocFineTuning branch (as expected).

You mean setting CMAKE_AUTOMOC_RELAXED_MODE to TRUE, right ?
Yes, that's expected.

> Uncommenting the line to invert the relaxed mode makes it build again. I'm
> fine with the change.
>
> However, the warnings/errors output by cmake don't include a reference to
> CMAKE_AUTOMOC_RELAXED_MODE (as that is not referenced in all error/warning
> cases).

Do you have commit e474dcb23197489640456b4 already ?
http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=stage/cmake.git;a=commit;h=e474dcb23197489640456b46862a5aa7019834a5

I committed this Wednesday evening and though I had inserted it in all places
where it makes sense.

Alex