[cmake-developers] A few more changes to automoc before 2.8.7

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 13:34:44 EST 2011

Alexander Neundorf wrote:
>> And, again a question regarding wording, currently the warnings generated
>> by automoc say "Better <do this and that> for a more robust build."
>> I'd like to have a better way to express it.
>> "Use <this and that> for STRICT mode compatibility." ?
>> or "for qmake compatibility" ?
>> Better ideas ?
>
> I pushed it as branch AutomocFineTuning to stage.
> The variable is now CMAKE_AUTOMOC_RELAXED_MODE .
>
> If that's fine with everybody, I'll merge it into next in the next days.
> This should still go into 2.8.7.

I applied the attached patch and kdelibs build fails using the
AutomocFineTuning branch (as expected).

Uncommenting the line to invert the relaxed mode makes it build again. I'm
fine with the change.

However, the warnings/errors output by cmake don't include a reference to
CMAKE_AUTOMOC_RELAXED_MODE (as that is not referenced in all error/warning
cases).