[cmake-developers] Attn. CMake Dashboard Client Maintainers - We've moved to Git

Miguel A. Figueroa-Villanueva miguelf at ieee.org
Sat Mar 6 19:39:21 EST 2010

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 3:24 PM, Brad King wrote:
[...]
> We've developed a "cmake_common.cmake" script to help dashboard
> client scripts remain simple.  It is submitted with may of
> Kitware's builds, such as this one:
>
>  http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewNotes.php?buildid=545897
>
> The script can be copied and used with only a simple helper.
> For those already using the script, please look for updated
> versions from the Kitware client submissions.

Hello Brad,

I have been looking at last nights dashboards and the
cmake_common.cmake script appears to have changed when compared to the
above referenced attached note. Since, this script seems to be a
moving target, shouldn't it be published as part of the CMake source?
It would be easier to update and track the changes.

Also, I have successfully submitted an experimental build to the
dashboard, so I will turn back on the cron jobs with the nightly and
continuous builds using the cvs-git server. However, I would like to
know if you have a preference between using cvs-git vs git (I will be
testing the cmake_common.cmake script next)?

--Miguel