CMake, Kitware’s open-source software process and build tool, is used throughout the world in a variety of software systems. There are several ways that CMake users can contribute to this open source project:
- Join the CMake Mailing Lists to participate in community discussions.
- Develop changes. Please read CONTRIBUTING.rst at the top of the source tree for contribution instructions.
- Become a Module Maintainer. We need help maintaining “find” modules that support third-party packages.
- List your project on the CMake Wiki Projects Page
- Test CMake on your system: Help improve the quality of CMake by running a nightly dashboard build on your machine. If you would like to contribute to the CMake project by building a nightly dashboard build, you can follow these instructions.
- Write an article for the Source: The Kitware Source is a quarterly newsletter for developers designed to deliver detailed technical articles, information on recent releases and upcoming changes related to Kitware’s open source products. Kitware would like to encourage our active developer community to contribute to the Source. Contributions may include a technical article describing an enhancement you’ve made to a Kitware open-source project or successes/lessons learned via developing a product built upon one or more of Kitware’s open-source projects. Authors of any accepted article will receive a free, five volume set of Kitware books. Please send your ideas to email@example.com.