<div dir="ltr"><div>Hello,</div><div>I'm using CPack to create RPMs for an application. I have this working but the CPack step is quite slow. While investigating this, I noticed that all files in a directory I'm packaging, which contains a large number of small files, is being listed in the spec file.</div><div><br></div><div>For instance, say I have</div><div>    <br></div><div>    set(CPACK_PACKAGING_INSTALL_PREFIX /opt/myapp)</div><div>
    

install(DIRECTORY ${CMAKE_BINARY_DIR}/myapp/foo<br>
    

        DESTINATION foo<br>
    

        COMPONENT myapp</div><div>
    

)</div><div><br></div><div>In the %files section I see</div><div><br></div><div>
    



%files<br></div><div>
    



%dir 
/opt/myapp/foo</div><div>
    



"
/opt/myapp/foo/file1"</div><div>
    




"
/opt/myapp/foo/file2"</div><div>
    



...<br></div><div>
    




"
/opt/myapp/foo/file60000" <br></div><div><br></div><div>If I were writing the spec file by hand, this entire section could be replaced by a single line</div><div><br></div><div>
    



%files<br></div><div>
    




/opt/myapp/foo <br></div><div><br></div><div>RPM will package all files within the directory if you specify the directory under %files (<a href="http://ftp.rpm.org/max-rpm/s1-rpm-inside-files-list-directives.html">http://ftp.rpm.org/max-rpm/s1-rpm-inside-files-list-directives.html</a> - the "The %dir Directive" section)</div><div><br></div><div>Is there an option to list just the directory instead of recursively listing all contained files within the directory?</div><div><br></div><div>I'm not claiming this is the reason for CPack being slow, I came across this while investigating performance and if nothing else, this will result in a cleaner looking spec file.</div><div><br></div><div>Best regards,</div><div>Ashish.<br>

</div></div>