<div dir="ltr"><div dir="ltr"><br></div><br><div class="gmail_quote"><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">Le ven. 9 août 2019 à 06:44, Heng Zhou <<a href="mailto:hzhou3@clemson.edu">hzhou3@clemson.edu</a>> a écrit :<br></div><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><div dir="ltr">I am working on ubuntu 16.04, so the generator is the default "Unix Makefiles" which I did not specify. I don't think it is related to the lack of the parallel job number (I added 4 but with the same error). I just wanna confirm whether I wrote the syntax correctly. An example would suffice.<br></div></blockquote><div><br></div><div>this sequence works for me on Debian 9 and CMake 3.13.2:</div><div><br></div><div>cd buildir</div><div>cmake -G /path/to/srcdir</div><div>cmake --build --parallel .</div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>What kind or error do you get when you do that?</div><div><br></div><div><br></div><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><div dir="ltr"><div><div><br><div class="gmail_quote"><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Fri, Aug 9, 2019 at 12:25 AM Eric Noulard <<a href="mailto:eric.noulard@gmail.com" target="_blank">eric.noulard@gmail.com</a>> wrote:<br></div><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><div dir="auto"><div><br><br><div class="gmail_quote"><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">Le ven. 9 août 2019 à 04:40, Heng Zhou <<a href="mailto:hzhou3@clemson.edu" target="_blank">hzhou3@clemson.edu</a>> a écrit :<br></div><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><div dir="ltr"><div>Hi,</div><div><br></div><div>I want to build a project using all cores of the machine. After cmake .., I have tried</div><div><br></div><div>cmake --build --parallel .</div><div><br></div><div>and </div><div><br></div><div>cmake --build . --parallel <br></div><div><br></div><div>, but none of them works. So, what is the correct usage of --build and --parallel when using them together? I have read the documentation <a href="https://cmake.org/cmake/help/latest/manual/cmake.1.html#build-tool-mode" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">https://cmake.org/cmake/help/latest/manual/cmake.1.html#build-tool-mode</a> but still could not figure out. Thanks for your help.<br></div></div></blockquote></div></div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">Try providing a number of parallel job after the --parallel option.</div><div dir="auto">Depending on the native build tool used you won't get automatic number of parallel jobs. </div><div dir="auto">Which CMake generator are you using?</div><div dir="auto"><div class="gmail_quote"><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><div dir="ltr"><div></div></div>
-- <br>
<br>
Powered by <a href="http://www.kitware.com" rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">www.kitware.com</a><br>
<br>
Please keep messages on-topic and check the CMake FAQ at: <a href="http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ" rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ</a><br>
<br>
Kitware offers various services to support the CMake community. For more information on each offering, please visit:<br>
<br>
CMake Support: <a href="http://cmake.org/cmake/help/support.html" rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">http://cmake.org/cmake/help/support.html</a><br>
CMake Consulting: <a href="http://cmake.org/cmake/help/consulting.html" rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">http://cmake.org/cmake/help/consulting.html</a><br>
CMake Training Courses: <a href="http://cmake.org/cmake/help/training.html" rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">http://cmake.org/cmake/help/training.html</a><br>
<br>
Visit other Kitware open-source projects at <a href="http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html" rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html</a><br>
<br>
Follow this link to subscribe/unsubscribe:<br>
<a href="https://cmake.org/mailman/listinfo/cmake" rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">https://cmake.org/mailman/listinfo/cmake</a><br>
</blockquote></div></div></div>
</blockquote></div></div></div></div>
</blockquote></div><br clear="all"><div><br></div>-- <br><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_signature"><div dir="ltr"><div><div dir="ltr"><div>Eric<br></div></div></div></div></div></div>