<div dir="ltr"><br><div class="gmail_extra"><br><div class="gmail_quote">On Wed, Aug 15, 2018 at 11:58 AM, Robert Maynard <span dir="ltr"><<a href="mailto:robert.maynard@kitware.com" target="_blank">robert.maynard@kitware.com</a>></span> wrote:<br><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div dir="ltr">The MSVC / CUDA support recently has been very challenging to keep track of. In general CUDA will only support a single patch release of MSVC, and given how MSVC 2017 doesn't easily allow rollbacks and has a pretty aggressive update policy ( compared to older MSVC versions ) causes lots of pain. This in general has been a community wide MSVC+CUDA issue. <div><br></div><div>CUDA 8 has zero support for VS2017 ( <a href="https://docs.nvidia.com/cuda/archive/8.0/cuda-installation-guide-microsoft-windows/index.html" target="_blank">https://docs.nvidia.com/<wbr>cuda/archive/8.0/cuda-<wbr>installation-guide-microsoft-<wbr>windows/index.html</a> )</div><div>CUDA 9.0 and 9.1 only supports VS 2017 15.0 (<a href="https://docs.nvidia.com/cuda/archive/9.0/cuda-installation-guide-microsoft-windows/index.html" target="_blank">https://docs.nvidia.com/cuda/<wbr>archive/9.0/cuda-installation-<wbr>guide-microsoft-windows/index.<wbr>html</a>, <a href="https://docs.nvidia.com/cuda/archive/9.1/cuda-installation-guide-microsoft-windows/index.html" target="_blank">https://docs.nvidia.com/cuda/<wbr>archive/9.1/cuda-installation-<wbr>guide-microsoft-windows/index.<wbr>html</a>)</div><div>CUDA 9.2 only supports VS 2017 15.0 and 15.6</div><div><br></div><div>When using MSVC 2017 and CUDA you will need to specify an explicit host side compiler with -T version=15.## including the minor version ( <a href="https://cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.12/release/3.12.html#id3" target="_blank">https://cmake.org/cmake/<wbr>help/v3.12/release/3.12.html#<wbr>id3</a> ).<br></div></div><div class="HOEnZb"><div class="h5"></div></div></blockquote></div></div><div class="gmail_extra"><br></div><div class="gmail_extra"><br></div><div class="gmail_extra">sigh... of course (though be careful with the term does not and cannot and zero support - I am a thinkin I could get CMake to support CUDA 8 in VS2017 - if I realy wanted to - I mean it's not realy VS/MSVC doing the compiling is it?-rhetorical).  This is making the case for what I had to do in the 2.8 days (well also again when NVIDIA could not decide on where to put their.... stuff in the file system and CMake was always one version or so behind) and roll my own CMake cuda support... yes this happened... and it could again.  Time to look back into my old svn tree.  sweet... kickin it with svn again the good old days.<br></div><div class="gmail_extra"><br></div><div class="gmail_extra"><br></div></div>