<div dir="ltr">Thank you Nils, that is exactly the information I needed. Simply setting `set(CMAKE_NO_SYSTEM_FROM_IMPORTED ON)` achieves the workaround I wanted.<div><br></div></div><div class="gmail_extra"><br><div class="gmail_quote">On Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 11:03 PM, Nils Gladitz <span dir="ltr"><<a href="mailto:nilsgladitz@gmail.com" target="_blank">nilsgladitz@gmail.com</a>></span> wrote:<br><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div dir="ltr">On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 7:12 AM Jim Lloyd <<a href="mailto:jim.lloyd@etagen.com" target="_blank">jim.lloyd@etagen.com</a>> wrote:<br><div class="gmail_quote"><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><div dir="ltr">[...]<span class=""><br><div>But if I make a trivial project that simply includes yaml-cpp as a dependency, the generated compile commands use `-isystem` to include the yaml-cpp headers.</div><div><br></div><div>Is this a bug in CMake? </div><div><br></div><div>Also, is there any way I may be able to work around this problem with CMake 3.10? I would be happy to globally force the use of `-I` for all include directories.</div></span></div></blockquote><div><br></div><div>I think the question and a potential work around are covered by <a href="https://cmake.org/cmake/help/latest/manual/cmake-buildsystem.7.html#include-directories-and-usage-requirements" target="_blank">https://cmake.org/cmake/help/<wbr>latest/manual/cmake-<wbr>buildsystem.7.html#include-<wbr>directories-and-usage-<wbr>requirements</a></div><div>Specifically the paragraph close to the end starting with "When the INTERFACE_INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES of an imported target...".</div><div><br></div><div>Basically include directories inherited from imported targets are implicitly "SYSTEM" by default.</div><span class="HOEnZb"><font color="#888888"><div><br></div><div>Nils</div></font></span></div></div>
</blockquote></div><br></div>