<div dir="ltr"><br><div class="gmail_extra"><br><div class="gmail_quote">On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 12:30 PM, Alexander Neundorf <span dir="ltr"><<a href="mailto:neundorf@kde.org" target="_blank">neundorf@kde.org</a>></span> wrote:<br><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><span class="">On 2018 M04 5, Thu 21:24:40 CEST Alexander Neundorf wrote:<br>
> On 2018 M04 5, Thu 16:15:17 CEST suzuki toshiya wrote:<br>
> > Dear Eric,<br>
> ><br>
> > # if anybody think "how C++11 environment should be prepared<br>
> > # on legacy GNU/Linux" is off-topic and should be discussed<br>
> > # in off-list, please let me know. I will do so.<br>
> ><br>
> > Eric Wing wrote:<br>
> > > Thanks for the responses. Yes, I just need this to run on Ubuntu 12.04<br>
> > > (and some other old Linux's in that era). Yes, I think the probably is<br>
> > > the libstdc++ dependency.<br>
> > ><br>
> > > As pointed out, it is really hard to get a newer compiler on Ubuntu<br>
> > > 12.04. I've been down this road before, and if memory serves, the gcc<br>
> > > bootstrapping process to get a newer compiler doesn't seem to work<br>
> > > with a compiler older than gcc 4.8. Same goes for clang, which also<br>
> > > weirdly relies on gcc 4.8 to bootstrap itself.<br>
> ><br>
> > At least, gcc-4.6.3, the last official gcc for Ubuntu-12.04, could<br>
> > build gcc-4.8.5 manually (without shared libstdc++, so confused<br>
> > dependency could be avoided). And, I could build cmake-3.11.0 by it.<br>
> > Now I'm checking "make test".<br>
><br>
> I have recently built a gcc 4.9.5 on Centos 5, i.e. gcc 4.1. There were no<br>
> issues after getting the configure flags right.<br>
<br>
</span>4.9.4 I mean.<br>
You can see the flags here:<br>
<a href="https://hub.docker.com/r/aneundorf/docker-centos5-build-svn-gcc/~/dockerfile/" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">https://hub.docker.com/r/<wbr>aneundorf/docker-centos5-<wbr>build-svn-gcc/~/dockerfile/</a><br>
(but the docker image didn't build, it was killed by a dockerhub timeout).<br>
<div class="HOEnZb"><div class="h5"><br>
Alex<br></div></div></blockquote><div><br></div><div>Were you able to actually build the newer versions of Cmake that require c++11 on Centos 5? I have built up a bootstrapped toolchain, following much of the guidance found in Linux From Scratch, on a Centos 5 system at work (which unfortunately cannot be upgrade due to the support of legacy software). The toolchain uses the latest gcc 7.3.0, binutils 2.30, and glibc 2.19 (the latest version of glibc supported by the 2.6.18 kernel of Centos 5). Yet cmake complains that my toolchain does not support c++11. Which kernel and glibc version do you have on your Centos 5 box? Thank you.</div></div></div></div>