<div dir="ltr"><div><span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-family:arial,sans-serif;font-style:normal;font-variant-ligatures:normal;font-variant-caps:normal;font-weight:400;letter-spacing:normal;text-align:start;text-indent:0px;text-transform:none;white-space:normal;word-spacing:0px;text-decoration-style:initial;text-decoration-color:initial;font-size:small;background-color:rgb(255,255,255);float:none;display:inline">(forgot to reply all)</span></div>

<span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-family:arial,sans-serif;font-style:normal;font-variant-ligatures:normal;font-variant-caps:normal;font-weight:400;letter-spacing:normal;text-align:start;text-indent:0px;text-transform:none;white-space:normal;word-spacing:0px;text-decoration-style:initial;text-decoration-color:initial;font-size:small;background-color:rgb(255,255,255);float:none;display:inline"><div><span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-family:arial,sans-serif;font-style:normal;font-variant-ligatures:normal;font-variant-caps:normal;font-weight:400;letter-spacing:normal;text-align:start;text-indent:0px;text-transform:none;white-space:normal;word-spacing:0px;text-decoration-style:initial;text-decoration-color:initial;font-size:small;background-color:rgb(255,255,255);float:none;display:inline"><br></span></div>I have a pretty similar setup but do not use the cmake --build since I selectively build projects based the jenkins build type (CI, nightly, research ,etc).</span><div style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-family:arial,sans-serif;font-style:normal;font-variant-ligatures:normal;font-variant-caps:normal;font-weight:400;letter-spacing:normal;text-align:start;text-indent:0px;text-transform:none;white-space:normal;word-spacing:0px;background-color:rgb(255,255,255);text-decoration-style:initial;text-decoration-color:initial;font-size:small"><br></div><div style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-family:arial,sans-serif;font-style:normal;font-variant-ligatures:normal;font-variant-caps:normal;font-weight:400;letter-spacing:normal;text-align:start;text-indent:0px;text-transform:none;white-space:normal;word-spacing:0px;background-color:rgb(255,255,255);text-decoration-style:initial;text-decoration-color:initial;font-size:small">I'll see if I can kick off a test and use the --build option, I've thought about doing that in the past but never tested. Will let you know if I see a similar issue as you are seeing.</div><div style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-family:arial,sans-serif;font-style:normal;font-variant-ligatures:normal;font-variant-caps:normal;font-weight:400;letter-spacing:normal;text-align:start;text-indent:0px;text-transform:none;white-space:normal;word-spacing:0px;background-color:rgb(255,255,255);text-decoration-style:initial;text-decoration-color:initial;font-size:small"><br></div><div style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-family:arial,sans-serif;font-style:normal;font-variant-ligatures:normal;font-variant-caps:normal;font-weight:400;letter-spacing:normal;text-align:start;text-indent:0px;text-transform:none;white-space:normal;word-spacing:0px;background-color:rgb(255,255,255);text-decoration-style:initial;text-decoration-color:initial;font-size:small">FWIW, I also set /nr:false so our setups are pretty close. I also build Java and .NET wrappers in the same solution and sometimes have issues with the .NET processes not ending when a build is done. I haven't investigated those thoroughly though. So it is very possible something is screwed up somewhere on either side.</div><div style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-family:arial,sans-serif;font-style:normal;font-variant-ligatures:normal;font-variant-caps:normal;font-weight:400;letter-spacing:normal;text-align:start;text-indent:0px;text-transform:none;white-space:normal;word-spacing:0px;background-color:rgb(255,255,255);text-decoration-style:initial;text-decoration-color:initial;font-size:small"><br></div><div style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-family:arial,sans-serif;font-style:normal;font-variant-ligatures:normal;font-variant-caps:normal;font-weight:400;letter-spacing:normal;text-align:start;text-indent:0px;text-transform:none;white-space:normal;word-spacing:0px;background-color:rgb(255,255,255);text-decoration-style:initial;text-decoration-color:initial;font-size:small">-Caleb</div>

<br></div><div class="gmail_extra"><br><div class="gmail_quote">On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 1:49 PM, Michael Ellery <span dir="ltr"><<a href="mailto:mellery451@gmail.com" target="_blank">mellery451@gmail.com</a>></span> wrote:<br><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">I know this is a long-shot, but I’m wondering if anyone has encountered this scenario:<br>
<br>
CMake (3.10) being used to generate a project for Visual Studio 15 (the current latest)<br>
<br>
the build is running on a windows machine under a jenkins slave process<br>
<br>
The generation step runs fine<br>
<br>
I then run cmake in build mode, and the build basically completes (based on the fact that I see the executable produced).  BUT the child MSBuild processes never exit and thus the build is stuck (cmake is still waiting…)<br>
<br>
I’ve tried running the jenkins slave process in a console window (foreground) just to eliminate any service/service account issues, but it makes no difference.<br>
<br>
More important, if I instead invoke MSBuild directly rather than use “cmake —build . ……”, the process behaves fine and runs to completion.<br>
<br>
This experiment makes me think something is odd about how cmake spawns the MSBuild process - perhaps some child event or signal is not being handled?<br>
<br>
In any event, I’m not blocked by this since I can simply run MSBUILD directly in the build script, but I wondered if this is a known issue or if others have encountered it.<br>
<br>
Also, I’ll note that I’m passing /nr:false to msbuild in both cases because that is common recommendation for running msbuild under CI.<br>
<br>
-Mike<br>
<br>
<br>--<br>
<br>
Powered by <a href="http://www.kitware.com" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">www.kitware.com</a><br>
<br>
Please keep messages on-topic and check the CMake FAQ at: <a href="http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/<wbr>CMake_FAQ</a><br>
<br>
Kitware offers various services to support the CMake community. For more information on each offering, please visit:<br>
<br>
CMake Support: <a href="http://cmake.org/cmake/help/support.html" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://cmake.org/cmake/help/<wbr>support.html</a><br>
CMake Consulting: <a href="http://cmake.org/cmake/help/consulting.html" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://cmake.org/cmake/help/<wbr>consulting.html</a><br>
CMake Training Courses: <a href="http://cmake.org/cmake/help/training.html" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://cmake.org/cmake/help/<wbr>training.html</a><br>
<br>
Visit other Kitware open-source projects at <a href="http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://www.kitware.com/<wbr>opensource/opensource.html</a><br>
<br>
Follow this link to subscribe/unsubscribe:<br>
<a href="https://cmake.org/mailman/listinfo/cmake" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">https://cmake.org/mailman/<wbr>listinfo/cmake</a><br>
<br></blockquote></div><br><br clear="all"><div><br></div>-- <br><div class="gmail_signature" data-smartmail="gmail_signature"><div>J. Caleb Wherry</div><i>Scientific Software Engineer</i><div><br><a href="http://www.calebwherry.com" target="_blank"></a><div><a href="http://www.calebwherry.com" target="_blank">http://www.calebwherry.com</a><br><span><span title="Call with Google Voice"><span title="Call with Google Voice">+1 (615) 708-5651</span></span></span><div><a href="mailto:calebwherry@gmail.com" target="_blank">calebwherry@gmail.com</a></div></div></div></div>
</div>