[CMake] Enabling Fortran only builds with Cmake 3.10.2 on Windows

Belcourt, Kenneth kbelco at sandia.gov
Fri Mar 23 16:54:21 EDT 2018

Hi,

I have a project that builds fine on Mac and Linux by disabling C/C++ and building with only Fortran.

  PROJECT(Noel LANGUAGES Fortran)

When I try to build on Windows, it seems that CMake is looking for variable VCTargetsPath, here’s the error:

Setting environment for using Microsoft Visual Studio Shell 13.0 x64 tools.
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:3 (PROJECT):
  Failed to run MSBuild command:

    C:/Program Files (x86)/MSBuild/12.0/bin/MSBuild.exe

  to get the value of VCTargetsPath:

This looks like a Visual C variable which is not installed on this system.  Is CMake looking in the registry for this variable or is it MSBuild.exe?  I’m not very Windows conversant so I could be completely off base here.  Note that I’ve installed Intel Fortran 17.0.4 and have run the ifortvars.bat file for arch intel64.

Noel Belcourt