[CMake] Make ctest spit out xml file (without dashboard)

Craig Scott craig.scott at crascit.com
Mon Mar 19 08:14:46 EDT 2018

On Mon, Mar 19, 2018 at 10:39 PM, Eric Noulard <eric.noulard at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Is it possible to make ctest spit out its result in an xml formatted file
> without
> sending it to some dashboard. ?

Yes, you can control the individual steps of a full dashboard run and just
leave out the submit step. For example:

ctest -T Start -T Update -T Configure -T Build -T Test -T Coverage -T
MemCheck

Leave out any of the above -T actions you don't need. XML result files will
be in a Testing/YYYYMMDD-hhmm directory and log files in Testing/Temporary.
The Start action creates a new YYYYMMDD-hhmm timestamp directory that the
rest of the steps will then store their XML result files in. The first line
of the file at Testing/TAG records that timestamp and the second line in
there you won't care about if not submitting the results to a dashboard.

Hopefully that gets you far enough along to what you need.

> I only need something xml-parsable ctest output locally.
>
> --
> Eric
>
> --
>
> Powered by www.kitware.com