[CMake] Compiling cmake-3.10.2 against ncursesw

John Frankish john.frankish at outlook.com
Mon Mar 5 06:45:00 EST 2018

Hi,

I've been trying to compile cmake-3.10.2 on a system that has only ncursesw using the ./bootstrap script.

I could not find a way to tell ./bootstrap to use ncursesw, so I added the following to Modules/FindCurses.cmake

set(CURSES_NEED_WIDE TRUE)

..this enables ./bootstrap to find libncursesw, but not libformw, so I also added:

set(CURSES_FORM_LIBRARY "/usr/local/lib/libformw.so")

..and ./bootstrap completes successfully.

However "make" fails when it cannot find form.h (even though it found /usr/local/include/ncursesw/ncurses.h).

After symlinking  /usr/local/include/ncursesw/form.h -> ../form.h, "make" completes successfully.

Is there any easy way to use ./bootstrap on an ncursesw system?

If Modules/FindCurses.cmake has the problems above when compiling cmake itself, won't it also have problems when compiling other stuff against ncursesw?

Regards
John