[CMake] using external library

Stéphane Ancelot sancelot at numalliance.com
Mon Mar 5 05:59:01 EST 2018

Hi,

I need some external libraries in my project (eg a particular version of
qt..)

These external projects have been cloned locally , I could use
ExternalProject_Add to clone it in my project.

My major problem is that I will compile it each time and this is time
and disk usage  consuming, for each users .

I sounds to me better to have the compiled version available in my
development system and use only header+binaries of this particular release.

So, the scenario I would like to obtain :

check if My Qt5 binaries are setted up in my system in a predefined
directory (to not overlap with possible system one), if not setted up, then

clone qt needed release and install it in my predefined system directory
once (like /usr/local or a directory shared between users) .

I hope you understood and it is enough clear ....

Thanks

Steph