[CMake] Swift executables with MACOSX_BUNDLE fail to find libswiftCore.dylib

Lucas Šoltić lucas.soltic at orange.fr
Fri Mar 2 18:20:39 EST 2018

You miss a runtime search path when linking your executable. And this is what you achieved with install_name_tool with an additional step.

To avoid this additional step, see https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/DeveloperTools/Conceptual/DynamicLibraries/100-Articles/RunpathDependentLibraries.html
or
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/42613881/adding-run-time-shared-library-search-path-to-executable-at-compile-time-clang

By the way this is not related to Swift at all.

Lucas