[CMake] failure to build Cmake to / against non-standard directory under Linux

Ben Sferrazza bsferrazza at avnera.com
Fri Mar 2 17:43:13 EST 2018

I was able to get 3.9.6 to compile setting CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH to the same
path that I pass .bootstrap with --prefix. I also had to patch
the Modules/Compiler/GNU.cmake file to use -idirafter rather than -isystem
as the latter leads to issues with #include_next.

I'm still perplexed why 3.10.2 thinks doesn't think my compiler, GCC 7.3.0,
is C++11 compliant. The only thing I can think of is that I am using a
somewhat older version of Glibc, 2.19, as that is the newest version
compatible with the host's kernel of 2.6.18. However, that glibc was
released in 2014, so I would think that wouldn't be the case.