[CMake] Visual Studio 2017 could not be found if installed in non-default location

Nils Gladitz nilsgladitz at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 09:40:45 EDT 2017

On 03/28/2017 03:17 PM, HarpyWar wrote:

> Nils Gladitz, the command, which you proposed, return nothing, even on
> a machine where a compiler found:
> vswhere -requires Microsoft.VisualStudio.Component.VC.Tools.x86.x64
> -requires Microsoft.VisualStudio.Component.Windows10SDK

For me it lists my "Visual Studio Community 2017" installation (on
Windows 10).

If CMake works nonetheless perhaps you've got
"Microsoft.VisualStudio.Component.Windows81SDK" instead of
"Microsoft.VisualStudio.Compone
nt.Windows10SDK" (which I think CMake falls back on).

And on the systems where it doesn't work perhaps you've got neither?

Nils