[CMake] Two phase install?

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Wed Mar 23 22:58:30 EDT 2016

On 2016-03-24 01:08-0000 Scott Aron Bloom wrote:

> Do you have apointer to an example of using the external_project.
>
> I have split the projects up, and install the first one.. But I cant seem to get the external project on the downstream cmake run to properly depend that the previous one was run

Hi Scott:

I suspect Nicholas has already given you better (simpler) examples
that are more suitable for your two-project needs, but if you are
interested in a more complex case, then you may want to look at my
epa_build project (which builds ~60 PLplot dependencies as well as
PLplot itself with all dependencies between those projects handled
correctly with one simple function call per project).  See the
cmake/epa_build subdirectory of the PLplot-5.11.1 release that you can
download from SourceForge following links at
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/plplot>.  There are also instructions
at the URL (click on the Code link) for accessing our git version of
PLplot which contains the epa_build project in the same
cmake/epa_build location.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin