[CMake] CTest usage

Miller Henry MillerHenry at JohnDeere.com
Tue Mar 8 11:10:17 EST 2016

I hate to state the obvious, but
set_property (TEST test2 PROPERTY LABELS LABEL1 LABEL2 LABEL1andLABEL2)
I know it isn’t what you asked for, but I don’t want cmake to change, but I don’t think it is worthwhile to add more complex set algebra to the -L command so that we can support complex things.

On a more philosophical level, I generally find that if I want to run the intersection of tests like this, there is a LABEL3 to more accurately describes why I want to run that set, and having a label to remind me of it is helpful in the future.

From: CMake [mailto:cmake-bounces at cmake.org] On Behalf Of CHEVRIER, Marc
Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2016 5:21 AM
To: cmake at cmake.org
Subject: [CMake] CTest usage

Hi,

Is there someone able to help me regarding ctest usage with labels?

Here is the problem: I have various tests which have labels attached to them:
set_property (TEST test1 PROPERTY LABELS LABEL1)
set_property (TEST test2 PROPERTY LABELS LABEL1 LABEL2)
set_property (TEST test3 PROPERTY LABELS LABEL2)

Now, I want to be able to select tests which have labels LABEL1 AND LABEL2 attached to them. Unfortunately, the command ctest –L LABEL1 –L LABEL2 will select all the tests rather than on the test test2 (a OR is applied on the various –L options).

Is there a way to get a AND on the labels specified?

Marc