[CMake] Visual Studio + Ninja?

Robert Dailey rcdailey.lists at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 15:44:50 EST 2016

Right now I am using a toolchain file to setup cmake to build my C++
code against Android NDK. I also have several custom targets for
running 'ant' commands for the java portions.

I can use the Ninja generator to generate the build scripts to make my
builds work fine. However, I'd love to be able to use Visual Studio on
Windows as my IDE. However, there is no "Visual Studio - Ninja"
generator that I can see. Is there a way to make Visual Studio wrap
the Ninja scripts and simply execute them? that way I can use it to
edit code and invoke builds.

Thanks in advance.