[CMake] Eclipse not showing custom targets

Robert Dailey rcdailey.lists at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 10:24:46 EST 2015

I have a few custom targets I create, but they do not appear in the
list of projects when I generate for Eclipse (using
CMAKE_ECLIPSE_VERSION=4.2).

These particular custom targets are generated all in the same
directory, same script. They happen to depend on each other. Example:

add_library( TargetA )
add_custom_target( TargetA_foo ) # depends on TargetA
add_custom_target( TargetA_bar ) # depends on TargetA_foo

I find Eclipse usage with CMake to be very unreliable in general, so
maybe this is just a bug? Unrelated but I also have issues with being
unable to set directory filters for the C++ indexer via CMake, to
prevent it from indexing my third party lib directories. Boost library
crashes the CDT indexer.