[CMake] Spurious errors with Visual Studio generator

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Mon Sep 15 11:21:40 EDT 2014

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 3:43 AM, David Cole <dlrdave at aol.com> wrote:
> What happens when you run VS "manually" as the buildbot user....? Any
> warnings or errors?

VS never threw errors; only cmake itself did.

As the user 'buildbot', everything's peachy, the IDE is fine and
cmake doesn't output any errors.  But the registry keys in question
are in HKCU, so they're user-specific.  And when an automated
build happens, it's done by a service, so it's the user SYSTEM.
(Dangerous, isn't it?)
Since the SYSTEM user has never run the IDE, those keys
probably aren't set, thus the errors.

In my case, the right thing to do would probably be to configure
the service to run as the interactive buildbot user, or
something.  I may try that next time I set up a buildslave.
- Dan