[CMake] dependencies

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 11:29:07 EDT 2014

On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 9:51 AM, Vojtech Mašek <shooter.vm at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, I am working at team developing RPM pacage generator.
> Now I am solving a problem how can i get dependencies using cmake.
> Basically we need to get paths to libs like they are cached in
> CmakeCache.txt, is it somehow possible before calling cmake and then
> parsing the file ?

I'm a Fedora packager so I'm curious how you're going to do this.

Are you planning on running something like "rpm -q --whatprovides
<library>" to do this?

rpmbuild will generate requirements automatically as long as there is a
soname dependency, so for the most part that would be redundant except for
non-library dependencies (python, perl, php, etc. or binary dependencies).

Thanks,
Richard