[CMake] Running OSX Bundle via open after creation with CMake/CPack

Scott Klum scott.klum at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 21:11:38 EDT 2014

I'm trying to make an OSX bundle using CMake/CPack on OSX that involves
OpenCV and Qt (although I don't think those dependencies matter at this
point). Everything compiles and the bundle is created fine, and I have a
script that modifies the necessary library paths such the executable I'm
making works if I run it from the Terminal within the bundle. The problem
I'm having is if I try to run the MyApp.app file via the open command or by
simply double clicking the app it gives me the error:

LSOpenURLsWithRole() failed with error -10810 for the file
/Applications/MyApp

I've seen other solutions to other LSOpenURLsWithRole() errors involving
modifying permissions, but that hasn't helped me. Also, this error code is
an "unknown error" so I'm not sure how to proceed.

--
Scott Klum