[CMake] Question regarding External Project add and VTK

Jean-Christophe Fillion-Robin jchris.fillionr at kitware.com
Tue Jun 17 23:21:06 EDT 2014

Hi Jameson,

There is indeed a recipe, assuming you are using
ExternalProjectDependency.cmake from Artichoke [1], if you pass the
variable to your project using ${CMAKE_CFG_INTDIR} it will be automatically
passed as CMAKE_ARGS (instead of CMAKE_CACHE_ARGS) to external project and
it will be expended appropriately at build time.

For example, see [2] and [3]

For reference, consider also reading [4]

Let me know if you would like me to clarify,
Jc

[1] https://github.com/commontk/Artichoke
[2]
https://github.com/Slicer/Slicer/blob/57f14d0d233ee103e365161cfc0b3962df0bc203/SuperBuild/External_OpenSSL.cmake#L152
[3]
https://github.com/Slicer/Slicer/blob/50281153c57c683106498295ea82472eaa20eee4/SuperBuild/External_VTKv5.cmake#L132
[4]
http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/git-master/variable/CMAKE_CFG_INTDIR.html

On Sun, Jun 15, 2014 at 1:01 PM, jmerkow <jmerkow at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok I have one final question.
>
> One of the project is built using CMake but does not contain a config file.
> On unix systems (make file based generators) it works fantastic, but with
> windows (and I presume xcode), the libraries are output to the buildtype
> directory.  i.e. Debug/ or Release/. I can add some find_library logic to
> its externalproject file, and search all the possible build type
> directories.
> But it occurs to me that there might be a recipe for this.
>
> Any advice?
>
> -Jameson
>

> --
>
> Powered by www.kitware.com