[CMake] Cygwin drive paths are killing me

David Cole dlrdave at aol.com
Sat Jun 14 12:25:52 EDT 2014

> I finally got it working.

Good!

> - I ditched Cygwin. (But I learned that CMake later on for Unix
> Makefiles complains about Cygwin sh.exe being in my path, and
> uninstalling Cygwin is kind of hard.)

Good!

The difficulty of uninstalling it, and the difficulty of replicating a
cygwin environment that is on one machine *exactly* on another machine
with *all* the same components at *all* the same versions ... these are
but 2 of the reasons I will NEVER rely on cygwin again for anything.
It's just too painful, and there's absolutely NO upside.

> This whole thing took more time to set up than Mac + iOS + Linux +
> Windows combined. But it works so I'm relieved.

You are persistent... One of the keys to your success, I'm sure. But,
out of curiosity... if you have Linux and Mac environments all set up
already, why not build the Android stuff from one of those platforms??
Why go through all the pain of getting an Android build working from
Windows?

Cheers,
David C.