[CMake] Different installers for different applications with CPack

Daniel Dekkers d.dekkers at cthrough.nl
Sat Jun 14 08:46:56 EDT 2014

Hi,

I have a number of applications sharing the same libraries in a single CMake
source tree:

Development

-          LibraryA

-          LibraryB

-          ApplicationA (might depend on LibraryA and/or LibraryB)

-          ApplicationB (might depend on LibraryA and/or LibraryB)

Now I would like to create different installers for the different
applications.

I'm trying CPack and managed to create a (NSIS) installer for a single
application (Calling CPack at the end of the root CMakeLists.txt of
Development) but don't know how to create more of them.

Can I "INCLUDE(CPACK)" more than once, ie in the CMakeLists.txt of the
different Applications or is that bad practice?

Or should I lose the direct coupling with CMake and make different
CPackConfig.cmake scripts for all of them?

Note: I'm not looking for the component system, where the user selects which
components to install. I'm looking for separate installers, so I can
distribute the applications separately.

Thanks,

Daniel Dekkers