[CMake] cmake project patterns / examples

Iosif Neitzke iosif.neitzke+cmake at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 13:22:55 EDT 2014

Great to see these examples with pros and cons.

I believe the staticlibs-include example [0] pattern, though mentioned
in Mastering CMake [1], generally is deprecated in favor of
add_subdirectory with CMakeLists.txt at each level for self-contained
projects.

[0] https://github.com/toomuchatonce/cmake-examples/tree/master/staticlibs-include

[1] Mastering CMake, 6th Edition, Chapter 7: Converting Existing
Systems to CMake, Source Code Directory Structures, page 116