[CMake] Question regarding External Project add and VTK

jmerkow jmerkow at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 01:49:46 EDT 2014

Jc,

Thanks a lot this may be exactly what I am looking for.

Basically I include ExternalProjectDependency in my project, then
mark_as_superbuild() options/vars that I want to pass back to the 'normal'
build.  Add the external project with 'CMAKE_CACHE_ARGS' and this will pass
those variables to the build (assuming that it has the same name).  Then as
long as a lib is contained in '${${PROJECT_NAME}_DEPENDS}' it will be loaded
from the Externals dir (set(EXTERNAL_PROJECT_DIR
${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR}/TheExternals)), similar to the FindPackage(lib)
mechanic.
Does this sum it up?

I've added a few mark_as_superbuild to my project is there an easy way to
list out what variables will me passed?

-Jameson