[CMake] Q: Compile and Run

dravion.smith at gmx.net dravion.smith at gmx.net
Thu Oct 31 02:55:25 EDT 2013

Hello

If have just a little Question:

I noticed thadt the manuals and Helpfiles and allways describing the Way
to generate makefiles,
XCode Workspaces and Visual C/C++ Solutionfiles and right now iam using
the generated Workspaces
or Makefiles to use the native Makeutility or the VC++ or XCode IDE to
finish the build

But:

Sometimes i use QtCreator for editing my CMakeLists.txt files because it
has built in Support for CMake,
Syntaxhighlighting and Tabcompletion.I noticed QtCreator can generate
(for instance on Windows) the final
EXE or DLL  just on hitting the build / Run Button. Is this a generall
feature of CMake or just a thing QtCreator
can do? Can i archive the same behavior im EMacs or VI?

Hint: I noticed QtCreator does NOT generate just a own workspace as a
parse/import/convert
Result of CMakeLists.txt because, any change on it (for example: on
misstyping) the Error is
directly showing as Error after hitting the rebuild button in the
QtCreator IDE.

Thanks, Dravion